It’s my 50th post y’all!
I haven’t been active for the past two weeks and I’m happy to be getting back to the blog. I was feeling pretty blue and when I started writing again it really picked up my spirits.
I’m a big fan of Chris Hardwick. He is the host of Nerdist and @Midnight and what I like best about him is how open he is about his emotional growth. It makes me happy to hear him talk about his struggles in a light-hearted and funny way. You can really hear the pain he was in and the hard work he’s done to get where he is today.
I was reading his book recently and he has a section on how important it is to have laser-like focus when reaching for your goals. It got me thinking about my own lack of focus sometimes. I get easily distracted by so many things because they are easier to do than work toward my goals. Then frustration follows and I realize that my attention is just in too many different places and try to bring myself back to the major goals.
In some ways I feel like, well maybe that’s just how my journey is supposed to go. But then I saw this:
This one really made me think. I battle a little bit with the word “goals” but I think the point is there. All of these distractions exist and it’s so easy to fall into this trap of surfing the web or looking at all the various social media outlets rather than focusing my attention on something that is harder than that, even though it will ultimately bring me more happiness and satisfaction.
Which brings me back to writing this blog and honoring a promise to myself to keep coming back every day to share my thoughts here.
As far as my Wednesday Weigh-In updates, here they are:
- I haven’t been listening to my body nearly as much as I want to and the food I’ve been putting in is hit or miss. I want to get back on track here.
- We got an elliptical and I’ve worked out twice! Amazing how out of shape I am right now. I am also gearing back up with stair climbing and wearing the fitbit. My two week break pretty much extended to almost everything.
- I haven’t been doing my EFT but I am getting back to that as well.
- My weight has been steady, maybe up a tiny bit.
- I got my health assessment done at work and everything was good except for my weight and BMI. Working out, eating well, taking care of myself, eating more healthy fats, those are on my plan of action.
I’m happy to be back!