This week has been a success! It helps that the scale shows a 7lb loss from last Wed. although I can’t help but feel it’s deceptive. That being said, I’m going to choose to trust that I’m doing the right things and keep on doing them!
- Food intake has been under control, filled with mostly protein and healthy-ish carbs.
- Hunger has been top of mind, I’ve been using it to tell me when to eat, revolutionary, I know!
- Fitbit has been motivating me to take the stairs, get up and walk, brave the heat and go outside. Below is a snapshot of my week.
Areas of improvement
- Eat more veggies! I am setting a goal of eating at least one veggie, even if it’s a single baby carrot, at every meal.
- Exercise! I want to find some way to build it in to my day. I’d love to see my active minutes go up. I have a pathetic 22 minutes for the week, 6 minutes as a daily average.
The Emotional Side
So this is the real challenge. I am an emotional eater and have been trying to practice normal eating for some time now. I’d like to take this weekly post to check in on how I am doing with this side of the weight loss challenge.
As a family we’ve been going through a lot of change (new jobs, new house, new city, new schools) and it’s been overwhelming. My emotions have been on a roller coaster. Some days I feel like “hey, this is going great, we made the right choice!” and some days I think “I wish we were back in New Orleans where life was simpler and we had our routine”.
Some days I just want to cry!
So I’ve been trying to stay with my emotions, let them float over me without judgement. I let myself cry, I take a walk, and sometimes I fall back on old habits and eat Cheetos!
It’s hard to quantify how I am doing on this particular challenge. But I’m going to try:
- One post on my normal eating forum
- Let myself cry once when I was too overwhelmed
- Read a blog and part of an ebook on normal eating
- Worked on my blog every day!
- Tried once to meditate and quiet my mind when it was going in circles
- Exercised one night when I felt I needed it