With Valentine’s Day coming up I asked my husband what romance movies he actually likes. Don’t get me wrong, he has watched MANY romance movies which may actually give him more credibility when it comes to his picks.
- 10 Things I Hate About You – Here’s what he had to say ‘It was a good movie’.
- Love Actually – We always watch this at the holidays but I think it can really be enjoyed during any winter month. Here’s what he said ‘It has a story for everyone…and some stories for no one.’
- Say Anything – I enjoy this more each time I watch it. He says ‘Early 90’s perfection. ‘I don’t have your Firebird keys’. So many quotable lines.’
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin – After we discussed this list he immediately rented this movie and watched it (half with me, half by himself.) ‘The most interesting relationships in the movie were among the guys. It’s really about him becoming a person, not just losing his virginity. And Elizabeth Banks is the funniest person in the movie.’
- The Princess Bride – This is a classic. Valentine’s Day is a good time of year to bring it out. ‘This movie teaches you when to say ‘As you wish…’ Also proof that ROUSs exist.’
- High Fidelity – We clearly like John Cusack. He says, ‘I mean, Jack Black. And the comeback of Lisa Bonet.’
So, there you have it, a few movie options for this lovely holiday. I also love all of these movies…maybe for different reasons than he does.